Sunday, January 30, 2011

My amazing sister

Yes, I have been on a major blogging hiatus, and no, I am not suddenly going to start posting frequently again.  But I am writing on behalf of my older sister, Rachel.  She and her husband, Ryan, have been unsuccessfully trying to have kids for some time now and have been actively pursuing adoption as well.  For years I harbored the misconception that if you use an adoption agency, the agency finds a baby for you.  Through my sister's experience, I have discovered that is not usually the case.  The agency they are using encourages prospective families to spread the word in all ways possible because it is usually through word of mouth that families get connected with birth mothers. 

Let me tell you a little bit about my sister.  She teaches high school, holds a very time consuming position in our church, and runs a non-profit in her "free time."  She is wonder woman!  But the thing I love most about Rachel is that she is not only impressive, she is also real.  She is loving, kind, and generous, and she always has her eyes open for anyone that might be lonely or sad.  I can attest that my sister is truly one of the most amazing people I have ever met and will be a phenomenal mother.  Please keep her in mind if you happen to cross paths with anyone considering adoption.

Rachel is an English teacher and describes everything much better than I can.  She frequently writes posts about her thoughts on adoption (as well as many other posts, often very amusing) on her blog. The address is fyionrachandry.blogspot.com.  Their adoption profile is available here if you would like to read more about them and see pictures.


Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!  Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.