Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cookin' with the Oldies

I seem to have a knack for hunting down activities that attract the older generation. I have been desperately trying to find something to fill my days here since I am jobless and friendless, and I happened to discover that community college classes in California are free! On a whim, I signed up for "time saving cooking" thinking that I need all the help I can get and maybe it would be a good place to make friends. So I spent four hours in class today, chopping veggies for the most delicious black bean and corn salsa in the world and listening to conversations about grandchildren and hip replacements. I was the youngest person in there by (at least) 40 years. I suppose the only people with four hours to spare on a Thursday morning are retirees. Oh well. It was actually still really fun and I am not opposed to hanging out with senior citizens. :)

5 comments:

Josh said...

Hey Cousin Laura, Thanks for the Birthday cookies! What a fun surprise, and so delicious! Wouldn't mind trying the corn and bean salsa as well :) Sounds like a fun class.

Amber and The Boys said...

Hey "friendless"? What am I-chopped liver? :) That sounds awesome! Glad it worked out and I wish you could come to the beach tomorrow!

Sarah McK said...

That is hilarious! If I lived there Cal and I would be all over that cooking class with you!

Christa and Marcus said...

We are HUGE Seinfeld fans ... it actually becomes very distracting because every instance in our lives reminds us of a Seinfeld episode! I hope you are enjoying California! I would give my left arm to be there and hang out on the beach : ) xox

amylouwhosews said...

That's how I feel at water aerobics.